Wednesday 21 January 2015

Vehicle Design: Desert Fox


Quick thumbs for a vehicle project. I decided to go for a vehicle for traveling on sand...
I played with the idea of using drill mechanisms for movement.


I personally liked this vehicle the most, based on a desert beetle, however it needs a few tweaks for practicality...



The top design came out on top in a vote so I decided to develop it further. My lecturer suggested I add treads to the front but this started me racking my brains thinking about the practicality.






Here is the final design for what I called 'The Desert Fox'
The design changed a lot from the schematics after I experimented with wheel placement and practical tweaks in 3D with a few mockups.
Overall I am very happy with this and learnt a lot about rendering in the process.
I used Vray to achieve this and I completely love it, I also used ambient occlusion which makes a hell of a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment